What else do you need to make a kick ass short film? Pre-production has many intricate parts and none of them should be taken lightly. Here are a few more points:
1. Storyboard – This is basically a comic version of your film, with each frame giving a depiction of what you are expecting from each shot. This is very helpful and can reduce some amount of stress, but it is not absolutely necessary for a short film production.
2. Equipment and Props – You will also need to take into consideration the equipment that will be required. What will you use for the recording, will anything else be needed? Do you need to buy props, what kind is needed and the cost?
3. Location – You will first need to scout out the location before filming, and if necessary devise a means to get the filming done perfectly without much hassle. Do bear in mind that for some places you may need a permit.
4. Cast – Persons will be very important to your production. If you are low on funds it might be best to use family member and friends.
5. Stamina – It will be a hustle from start to finish and pulling favors from many people can be very stressful. Welcome to indie film making!
Get all these things together and your plans in place with a time line to work with, and you should be OK for filming your short film will little hassle.